Sunday, September 20, 2009

5 minutes with... Going Potty with Marg


Who are you & what do you do?
Hi, I'm Margaret and I create succulent / cacti arrangements in a variety of colourful and unique pots of various shapes and sizes. These mini gardens are resilient and involve minimal care making them suitable for our busy lifestyle.

How did you come up with your business name?
Over the years I had collected numerous pots, so I started making succulent / cacti arrangements for family and friends and it was suggested that I could sell them to the public. As my family thought I'd "gone potty" with the amount of pots I had collected, the name "Going Potty with Marg" was an obvious choice!

Can you please walk us through making one of your products, from conception through completion?
1. Based on the pot I wish to use, I think of a theme (stylish/modern, novelty pots for the kids, old world etc.)
2. I then match the pot with the appropriate colour and shape plants
3. After potting the plant, I then enhance the arrangement with stones, figurines etc.
4. Pricing is then determined by the size of the arrangement, the number of plants used and my output (costs and time).

Where can we find you?
The easiest way to contact me is via phone 0412 413 325 or email margaret@thehuttons.com.au

I also attend various markets including North Sydney Market on Miller, Gordon Rotary Markets and Riverside Markets (Huntley's Point).

What are you looking forward to showing off at Mountain Makers?
I'm looking forward to bringing a selection of pots from my extensive range, including "Air Plants" which are a new edition to my range requiring no soil.

No comments:

Post a Comment