Wednesday, August 26, 2009

5 minutes with... Journeymoon Art

On the hill 3, original pochoir painting, on paper

Who are you & what do you do?
I'm Mel Jones "Journeymoon Art", I do Pochoir, a french stencil technique of creating and Painting. I also make recycled journals from old books.

How did you come up with your business name?
I love the Moon, and philosophy on life is about life as a journey not just a destination to work towards, and I create art = Journeymoon Art.

Can you please walk us through making one of your products, from conception through completion?
1.The Stencil is hand drawn and hand cut, then placed upon the painting surface. I use paper, canvas, and board to paint upon.

2. Then I begin painting through the stencil onto the surface. I use different textures to create different effects, brush, sponge, cloth etc.

3. The finished painting created after several painting sequences I may need to return to cutting out parts of the stencil as the painting goes along, then paint through again. This usually depends upon the size.

4. When the painting is finished it is "fixed" and lightly varnished.

Where can we find you?
www.journeymoonart.com, there is a list of exhibitions available on my web site, I also sell work through my web site.

I am also at The Nook Arts and Crafts Gallery in Leura NSW, and The Event Horizon Gallery on Bathurst Road Katoomba.

What are you looking forward to showing off at Mountain Makers?
A beautiful range of new paintings large and small, Pochoir covered original art journals, journaling packs, and a large range of groovy retro, vintage and classic recycled journals or diaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment